Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Making disciples

Matthew 28:18-20
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefor go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and the son and of the Holy spirit. and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

This has been a huge passage in my church. We have been praying and reshaping the way we do things in order to disciple others. This past week I have had a huge desire to make every effort to make disciples of Jesus Christ. He said teach them everything that I have commanded you. This is the mandate to where we teach others. If Jesus taught it we will teach it. The goal in the end is that others will be disciple makers. I have rearranged my life so that I have time to make disciples. It gives so much room for the Spirit of God to penetrate our lives and hearts. I was sharing this with my wife tonight and she said..."well that is where your heart is"...I love the one to one communion with others. It is more personal and you can get to the meat quicker. ( I don't enjoy small talk too much) Anyway I am in the beginning process of discipling two great men with huge hearts and are passionately in pursuit of God and his righteousness. I look forward to seeing God touch thier lives as we grow together and live the word together.

No comments: