Thursday, March 15, 2007

Changes

At work my world is changing. I have been leading a team of 11 individuals and 8 fabulous support people for about four years now. I approach this new venture with excitement and sadness. When I invest in people, I give them all that I have, nothing held back. The other night as I was spending time with God I found myself praying for my team. I have some very fond memories with them. The thing that sticks out for me is the fact that my team pulled through many obstacles and "chose" to grow from their experiences. Never in my leadership at SAI have I felt more connected to a team as I do with my current one. They compliment each other in more ways than they will ever know. I am really going to miss the guys that I support. There are some that I have gone through the trenches with. One guy in particular constantly reminds me of why I do what I do. He will challenge me to the ninth degree but when his face lights up and smiles, it is priceless. For some of the people that we serve, we are the only ray of sunshine for them. So I move on to lead a new team. But not without a mourning process. This week has been hard. I have had some of the worst days of my life with the folks I support, but the way we got through it is amazing. I really wish that the individuals that we serve knew how much I care about them. With all this said, I am leaving my team in the hands of a wonderful caring person who will lead with the same vision and dedication as I did. It is weird, you don't think that you would actually grieve switching positions but for me it is like moving away from family. I officially switch teams on April 2nd so it is my intent to show my team my appreciation of them.

2 comments:

Lani - the flowerlady said...

you are a great guy. i hope you have fun blessing your team.

Kjersti said...

Hey Darcy, thanks for showing me your blog! I was really touched by what you wrote. I'll miss having you as a team leader, but I'm glad you'll still be around to talk to every now and then. You've been a huge blessing to me.