Monday, July 16, 2007
Street appeal 2
- Last Wednesday I was fixing my fence. The boards were rotting so the posts kept falling out. So what did I do? I went and got my trailer and ripped the sucker out of the ground. I had my kids pulling and pounding. It was fun.
- Then I was left with a front yard full of overgrown perennials and weeds.
- Thursday I went and got my Rototiller and tilled the entire front yard. I figured it was better to have a clean yard.
- Saturday I spent the day (+33) raking and hauling dirt. (cooled off in a lake with the kids later in the day) I got inspired and ordered sod to be delivered for Monday.
- Sunday I had the lawn even and raked, then I didn't like the way it looked so I tilled it again. This time my back was aching and I was running out of energy. Got a second wind and got it all leveled, rolled and prepared for sod.
- Monday after work I went to work installing the sod. It was cool, all of the neighborhood kids came over and started hauling sod and rolling it with me.
- An hour and a half later we started the sprinkler to water the new lawn.
- Here is a pictorial collage of us installing the sod. (I will post pictures of the lawn in daylight tomorrow.