Tuesday, September 07, 2004

If you can't beat em, join em


I met with a friend a few weeks ago and we were talking about health and fitness. We were talking about the pharmaceutical industry. They have much control over the food department in our society as well as vitamins and herbs in some countries. They accually have researchers out there researching how long it will take for a person to get sick in order for them to offer their prolonged drugs. (they also research how they can prolong sickness) I was thinking about that while in Calgary and it was greatly concerning me. I came to the conclusion that things are not going to get much better...If not worst. So here is my thought. If I cant beat em, then why not join them!!! Pfizer, Inc, one of the top pharmaceutical companies had a tremendous growth period over the past ten years. In 1994 shares were $5 each where they are now $35 each. Shares raised 500% over ten years. I believe that we are going to see that figure double ot triple over the next decade. My intention is to invest in pharmaceutical companies and get a good return on my investment. The bible talks about being a good steward of our finances, putting it to work, so why not use a world system as a tool to possibly fund the kingdom of God in the long run? Hey this sounds wacked, but keep this in the back of your mind because I want to look back at this blog in ten years and be glad that I made this decision. I am convinced that God has a financial plan for his people but he needs them out of debt so that we can use finances as a tool in our hands. If I am wrong on this thought then I'm out a few dollars, but what a fun ride it will be to try this out. And if it does work then possibly God will allow me to share my experience with others to help them out.
One last thing. Obesity this year is the second cause of death and next year they are figuring it will be # 1. This has to tell us something about the going on behind the scenes. I intend to see it for what it is and use it to the glory of God.

No comments: