Saturday, October 23, 2004

Repentance, rest, quietness and trust....or not

In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.

What a profound verse. I am utterly amazed at the context of what is being said here. So many of us are running here and running there, strive strive strive!!!!Ugh it gives me a headache watching some folks hustle and bustle about. I believe that we miss out on Gods best when we strive. When we are striving we are solving this problem and dealing with that. Jesus said that his yolk is easy and his burden is light. Why do we feel the urge to get busy. I can literally say that I hate busy-ness. In quietness and trust....ssshhh stop moving....stop striving....just be.....relax....I will provide for you....don't worry about your broken car, or your ripped clothes, I will take care of you. Wow what a place of blessing to be content in your situation..I know I long for that and hope that God has me down that path.

No comments: