Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Edifying, encouraging and building up

I watched a married couple during worship on Sunday and in my mind was "man they are struggling in thier marriage" I thought about that for a few minutes, then continued worshipping. Then God spoke to my heart and said "You see things and either judge or don't do a thing. It is my heart for you to take what you see and minister to that person". Wow. I stood back and relized that I have been using my gift to judge and curse other people when God accually wants me to minister to them. This may seem elementary, but for me this is crutial. I love God, he is so wonderful to share his heart with us. I am going to test this out and try to act on what he puts on my heart.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thank you for being transparent in sharing your revelation of truth and for being open to hear what the Spirit was saying. What a difference there would be in our churches if more of God's children would reach out in love instead of judging. I sadly say, I too am very guilty of this sin. Thankfully, God in His mercy, is working on this wicked heart. You are right, it seems simple, but it really is crucial to understand this basic truth.

Matthew 7:1-2 Hits me right between the eyes..."Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

One more thought as I write: When we jugde, the key to bringing heaven is pray, and when we feel we can't do a thing, the answer is be a friend and learn to love.

I like the way your site looks and your heart that chooses God's way....