Monday, January 08, 2007

All summed up in one verse


What is Gods heart for Marriage?

What is God's heart regarding divorce?
What is God's heart toward parents?
What is God's heart for Children?
How do we raise our children?

These are questions that every parent asks themselves. Seeking the heart of God for their families, for direction. While visiting Calgary last summer, Holly and I had coffee with one of my closest friends. We talked about these questions and He brought out his bible and led me to Malachi. "Oh great your going to talk about the tithe"....I thought. Instead he opened up to Malachi 2:15

Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.

This verse is so utterly amazing. God has made us one. In flesh and spirit we are his. And why one? (God's heart for marriage) Because he was seeking godly offspring. Thats it. Gods heart for a man and woman coming together is to raise up for him a godly offspring. (Divorce?) do not break faith with the wife of your youth. It appears to me that this is why God does not want a man and woman to be divorced. It hinders them from raising up a godly offspring. Why? Because God made us one. If we break that covenant we are not aligned to his design. Isn't that amazing. God puts man and woman together so that they can create and raise up for God a godly offspring. That amazes me.

Sunday during worship I was praying about this and God replied "You need to know what Godly means. You need to ask yourself what does Godly mean for your wife? What does Godly mean for your children? Once you have that figured out, parenting your children will be easy as you will know where they are going and why you are parenting them." So I need to figure out what Godly means.
That verse amazes me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey CWG,
Good post. It is a godly thing to care for one's family. Too much is made these days of what our 'ministry' is, I am a husband/father first. God stopped me once when I complained that i was not doing enough 'stuff' for Him and He replied that I had the poor, naked, hospitalised, and imprisoned right at home. Hmmmmm???? saith I. Yes, He said, If you are not being a dad to your kids where would they be????? Thanks Dad, I needed that.