Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update

I can't believe that it has been almost two months since I have blogged. First off I want to post an update on the house situation.

- Within three weeks time (Beginning of Jan to the end of Jan) we decided to list our house, rent a house in Caswell, obtain a builders mortgage and build a house.
- this was very exciting opportunity for us.
- There was however a nagging check in my spirit about moving forward on this.
- By the end of the month I felt it was the best thing to put the house process on hold, and that was exactly what I did.

So what now?? I am not quite sure. As I have discerned it I have sensed that I was accepting what was good and not waiting for what was best. One thing that I have sensed was that I should go ahead and work on my house.

So....

- We installed a high efficiency furnace and water heater.
- Our energy audit suggested that we insulate our bare basement walls to an R24 rating, and insulate the floor headers to a R 22 rating, so the past few weekends I have been framing and insulating the basement. It is such a rewarding feeling to see a project get completed.
- After I do the basement I am going to start looking at insulating the exterior walls above ground. (Min R10) This would increase my energy savings (on the exterior wall) by 200%
- We are probably going to replace our windows and doors as well.
- I have booked a structural engineer to come in and do up a drawing for my load bearing wall so that I can remove it and open up the dining room and kitchen.

We feel as though we have a five year window until we run out of house space. So we now need to pray about what the next step is. We feel as though we have two options, sell our house and buy something larger, or plan to stay and build an addition. Until then I will commit to take care of the house that God has provided for us.


No comments: