Saturday, October 09, 2004

Men of the word

. Ephesians 5:25,28

“Husbands love your wives, just as Christ loves the Church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her with the washing of the word, and to present to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In the same way Husbands must love their wives as they love their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.”

Men of God

We are called by our living God to be mediators of the word. It is our God given responsibility to know the scriptures. According to this verse alone we are to know the word. Let me explain. Read the above verse. God gives us instruction to lead our wives as God intended. 1. Love your wives cleansing her with the washing of the word. I want to explain what that means. God is calling us to disciple our wives. God is saying in essence. “Get into the word men, seek out it’s truth’s, eat the meat, chew the fat and get the nutrition that is in it. Then you can take what you have learned and teach it to your wife. This is no macho stuff here. It is the written word of God. Wash her in the word. Bathe her with the truth revealed in the scriptures, we are to be ministers to our wives men. God has commissioned us to know the word, teach the word and then to use the word to purify our wives and ourselves. Do you see the big picture here guys??? Look with open eyes. Want me to share what I believe God is saying here.
“Men of God, It is my desire as your father God that you get into my word, that you meditate on it day and night, dig deep my sons, dig deep. It is my desire that you take what you learn and teach it to your wives. This is your place in the home to be the spiritual leader. I will give you all that you need but you do need to teach your wives the truth from my word. It is your mission to present her to me a radiant wife, without stain or wrinkle, or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. Consider this your life mission.”

Why is it that we men run after everything that seems pleasing to the eye, yet leave behind the very thing that God has established in our lives…. family. We run after the fun, exciting things that build us up. I am starting to realize more and more that the “fun” we are having is on thin ice and has no foundation as our wives and children are at home longing for spiritual leadership. Lets not jump ship too soon men. We need to be ministers of the word.
I challenge every one of you (I include myself in this) Get into the word of God. Heck, lets get into it together. We could all read a portion of scripture each day and hold each other accountable. Lets start to love our wives, take a step back to minister to them and disciple them.

No comments: