Saturday, November 20, 2004

What is the Kingdom of God

I was meeting with a freind this week and we were talking about Matthew 6.
"Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you as well"
We then broke it apart and were reminded that the kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. So often my Gen X generation (myself included) see Matthew six and we interpret it as a way of doing "good" things for God or being totally sold out for him. Neglecting our responsibility to provide. I am beginning to realize that we can seek the kingdom first in our jobs, with our families, with our freinds, with our children etc. I am going to start looking at that verse this way.
...."seek first righteousneess, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit and all these things will be added to you as well."

No comments: