Saturday, May 14, 2005

Having a a reason for my hope

......But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.....

I just got home from a conference with my co workers in Regina. On the way home I was talking with a girl that was sitting in the front with me. She was talking about how I really encourage her by the way that I talk about my family and live my life. I was sharing with her some of the desires that I have for a future home. She told me that she felt that I would get the things that I desired as she has watched my life the past couple of years. (she is not a Christian)It was so cool. I thought about the above verse and went for it. I told her that my contentment was due to my relationship with God. I told her that I believed that God owns everything anyway, so the fact that he chooses to bless me with a newer vehicle or a house in the inner city or whatever, then I will be thankful and say "Thanks God for this wonderful blessing". It was so cool, I looked over at her and she had tears in her eyes. I was so excited that I stepped out in faith and went for it. You see my co workers know that I have no debt, so that gives me an open door to share the faith that I have and some reasons why I stay out of debt. I had opportunities in the past but chose the easy road and stayted quiet. It was neat because the Holy Spirit empowered me to speak and I felt him comfirming it in my heart. That was worth the entire trip.

No comments: